ABOUT THE METROPOLITAN SCHOOL OF PANAMA
Founded in 2011, the MET is an IB World School that offers the IB Continuum, a world-class academic program for students in Pre-Kinder 3 through 12th grade. With more than 800 students hailing from 40 different nationalities and 120 faculty members that boast an impressive range of international teaching experience, the school is enriched by the wealth of its diverse and multicultural community.
Committed to developing the whole child, the MET integrates the rigors of the IB and Panamanian curricula with a comprehensive visual and performing arts program, Panamanian culture, competitive athletics, cutting edge technology and the promotion of values and civic responsibility.
Students are encouraged to develop an appreciation of social commitment and values. The MET promotes in its students global harmony and sustainability to facilitate an intercultural and international understanding. The methodology is geared to produce well-rounded, well-educated students who are inspired and prepared to contribute to society.
The Metropolitan School of Panama seeks staff that are passionate and enthusiastic about education, and are wholy committed to excellence.
- Athletic Director: the candidate must have previous P.E. or teaching experience. Click here to view more information about the position.
- Elementary School Visual Arts Teacher: the candidate must have previous experience teaching Art in Elementary or Secondary School
- Elementary School Librarian
- Upper Elementary Homeroom teacher: previous teaching experience required
- Special Education Teacher: previous Elementary teaching experience required
- Secondary School Spanish Teacher: the candidate must demonstrate proficiency not only in Spanish but English as well (functional to engage in academic trainings conducted in English). Only local applicants will be considered.
- Administrative Assistant - the candidate must be bilingual, Panamanian and have excellent computer skills. PReference will be given to candidates with prior experience using google drive (docs and sheets) with excellent customer service skills. The position will begin immediately with a starting salary of $1000/month depending on experience.
- Graphic Designer & Communications Assistant - We are looking for Graphic Designer & Communications Assistant to work closely with our Communications Team on the design and production of the school’s yearbook as well as to provide assistance in other Communication projects. This position may include part time teaching hours in Design classes. Please submit applications along with a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills:
- Strong design skills and portfolio
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable in web graphic and print standards
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Proficient technology skills (we are an OSX and Google based environment)
- Successful working in highly collaborative environment
- Desired Skills (not required, but will be considered a plus):
- Photography and video editing
- Web Development
- Use of social media platforms and developing social media campaigns
- Strong knowledge of grammar and composition rules required for editing and proofreading copy in English and Spanish
- Together with the Communications Team, oversee the production of the school’s yearbook (from concept to design and production)
- Visualize, plan, design, and produce a range of graphic and/or illustrative material to support the Communications Team’s objectives, always in alignment with the brand’s identity. This may include:
- Design of website materials
- Designing, developing and implementing digital media elements including email communications, newsletters, social media graphics
- Support Communications Team with collateral materials
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to explore and develop new campaign and messaging ideas
- Personal Characteristics Required for the Position:
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Able to take on projects in an organized and creative manner
- A creative problem solver that demonstrates initiative and has the ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Must be energetic, client service oriented and maintain a positive outlook
- A self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working with children, passionate about education, and successful working collaboratively
- A role model for students
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at the MET
- Security Guard
- Store Keeper / Administrative Assistant
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
- A letter of application (no more than one page). If applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy.
- Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: a recent photograph, nationality (and migratory status), listed professional accreditations and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring).
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors).
You may send your application package via e-mail to email@example.com, including in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
NEW IN PANAMA?
Find our more about daily life and the beautiful destinations that Panama offers in www.VisitPanama.com. Please note this is a link to an external website managed by Panama's national tourism authority.